Saturday, July 26, 2008

YEAH!!! We found a new home!!!

We are so excited. We had been spending all of our spare time searching for a new place to live. Our poor agent- Patrick Howells spent countless hours helping us in our search. He was incredible. At last our search is over. We found what we are looking for and we are so excited. We are buying a model home from DR Horton. We had driven by the neighborhood about 2 weeks ago and just said that it wasn't quite in our price range and didn't think much of it. About a week after that I get an email from our agent Pat and he said we should go look at this home today if we are interested because the builder just dropped the price. So Brian took a break away from work & meet us down there. He said that he really liked it but had to get back to work & that we would talk about it that night. There was already a hold on the house which we were told they weren't able to hold it because it was the model home and that first person to actually sign the contract would get the home. So I went ahead & signed the contract to purchase the home and called Brian to let him know that I bought it. He was a little surprised but thought it was a good move to get it when we did. That is the story. :)
We will be moving in the next 2-4 weeks- not sure the exact date. Brian's parents will be surely glad to have their home back and maybe a little peace and quiet without our silly little girls. :)
We will be moving to South Jordan right off 114th south and 3250 w. There are available homes and lots by us & would love to have some friends come move by us- hint, hint!!! We know an incredible Realtor who could help you sell your home & also help you find the right one too- hopefully by us.

13 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! It must be so nice to move out of parents' homes! :) We'll get there eventually, I'm sure! I'll see you next month!

Kelli said...

That sounds good! Good luck with the move!

Brooke said...

YEAH!! So excited! I can't wait to be semi-neighbors again! PLEASE let us know when you move in, I would love to send over some muscle.

Melody said...

Melissa,
I am so happy that you're only 5 minutes away! Bree will be so excited to play with Jaci! Call me when you move, I'd be happy to help or watch your girls!
-Melody

Kath said...

That is awesome! I am so excited for you...though I must say that I am bummed that I couldn't convince you to settle six hours south (he he.) You'll have to post pictures of the house...I can't wait to see!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! right now is definately a buyers market. Can't wait to see pictures.

Heather D. White said...

HAPPY DAY!!! And it's TOTALLY CLOSE! Double yay!!!!

Jewels said...

That was fast!! I'm so glad you guys found something! We will move in right next to you...oh wait we can't sell ours... :)

Heather said...

Congrats on finding the new house! Let me know if you need any help moving!

Amanda said...

SWEET!!! I am so happy for you guys. We miss you.

amelia said...

SO EXCITING! I was getting all excited thinking it was the DR Horton Sub-division by me, but that's okay, you're still close! CONGRATULATIONS!

Tierney said...

Oh, I didn't realize it was already finished! That's awesome!

Chalan said...

Hey Congrats!! Glad you found the right home. Hope all is going well! :)