Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oh the pain!!!

Chailyn fell at the gym the other day and hurt her ankle. By the way she was crying I thought for sure we needed to take her to the doctor. Brian said to bring her home first and see how she is doing a little later in the evening. So I did. She cried quite a bit and she kept an ice pack on it. While she was laying on the couch she kept saying "Oh the pain!!!" then she looked at me and said "that means it really hurts Mom." What do you say to that. I laughed- she just cracks me up. So much fun stuff.

Jacilyn has her first piano recital coming up next week. How exiting is that?? She thinks that if she plays the song one time that counts as practicing. I haven't been too strict with her practicing but playing a song once doesn't count as practice. My mom made me practice for a half an hour. She thinks she worked hard if she plays the song three times. My silly girl. :)

Brooklyn has a few favorite words, No, Mine and Juice- she does say please but sometimes it can be a little forced. She is so sticken cute.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I remember my first piano recital...30 minutes of practice seemed like FOREVER!

Tierney said...

That is hilarious! Where did she hear, "Oh the pain"?

Mac and Dixie said...

Melissa: I found your blog through Heathers! I hope its okay to add you to my list of friends/family. Your posts are darling! I love reading about the funny things kids say. It cracks me up.
-Dixie

Heather D. White said...

HOLY CRAP! You updated!!! LOL! That was so funny about her ankle. She walked on it gingerly the entire time she was here that day. LOL! So funny. I should have offered to ice it for her. So funny. Hope you guys had a fun weekend away. You deserved a good fun break!!!